Marco Pahor, MD
College of Medicine, University of Florida
- Professor and Founding Chair, Department of Aging and Geriatric Research
- Director, Institute on Aging
Dr. Pahor is the Director of the University of Florida Institute on Aging, and the founding chairman of the department of aging and geriatric research in the UF College of Medicine. Dr. Pahor is an internationally recognized expert on population-based studies, clinical trials and multidisciplinary translational research in the fields of aging and disability. Dr. Pahor is the Director of the UF Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center.
Thomas M. Gill, MD
Yale School of Medicine
- Humana Foundation Professor of Medicine (Geriatrics) and Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases) and of Investigative Medicine
- Director, Yale Program on Aging
- Director, Yale Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center
- Director, Yale Center for Disability and Disabling Disorders
- Director, Yale Training Program in Geriatric Clinical Epidemiology and Aging-Related Research
Dr. Gill is Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology, and Investigative Medicine and the Humana Foundation Professor of Geriatric Medicine at Yale University. Dr. Gill is a leading authority on the epidemiology and prevention of disability among older persons and is the recipient of numerous awards. Dr. Gill holds several leadership positions at Yale, including Director of the Program on Aging and Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center.
Stephen Kritchevsky, PhD
Wake Forest School of Medicine
- Co-Director, J. Paul Sticht Center for Healthy Aging and Alzheimer’s Prevention
- Associate Dean of Faculty Development, Translational Science Institute
- Professor, Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
- Professor, Institute for Regenerative Medicine
- Professor, Epidemiology and Prevention
Dr. Kritchevsky is an epidemiologist whose primary research interests are in the areas of nutrition, body composition, chronic disease and age-related declines in physical function. Dr. Kritchevsky has extensive leadership experience of complex research enterprises. He is the Co-Director of the Wake Forest Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center.
Laura Niederhofer, PhD
University of Minnesota Medical School
- Professor, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Biophysics
- Director, Institute on the Biology of Aging and Metabolism (iBAM)
Dr. Niedernhofer is the Director of the newly founded Institute on the Biology of Aging and Metabolism (iBAM) at the University of Minnesota Medical School. She is internationally recognized expert in the molecular and cellular basis of aging. Dr. Niedernhofer’s expertise is in cellular senescence and the role of DNA repair during aging and drug discovery of senescent cell targeted compounds (i.e., senolytics).